Friday, November 8, 2013

Round Robin

I have found a group of women with whom I can create and work on Round Robins!!  I am so excited to give this a try, and I am even happier that I was finally able to finish my own fabric to prepare for mine to be shipped out.

The last two weeks saw me with a horrible cold, so it was too difficult for me to stitch - I would have frogged everything since I was too dizzy to sit up.  I managed to work and get my job done, but then I would crash at the end of the day.  So, finishing this (Finally!) was a very cool accomplishment.

The fabric is by Stephanie and is called Ice Goddess.  It is 28 count Opal Lugana.  I used Valdani M-49, Subtle Elegance for the borders because I wanted a lace-look and feel to the piece.




Each stitcher is given free reign on the piece.  I have told everyone that I want them to pick something that is their favorite or best represents them.  

Happy Squeeee!!!  Now, this piece is off to it's first destination - South Africa!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my heart did a jump when I saw the first destination! Can't wait to see who the fellow South African stitches. Does he/she have a blog addie by any chance?

    And I think your choices for your RR are fantastic together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nikki Loans is in various Facebook groups, but I don't think she has a blog going.

      Delete
  2. Wow it's so beautiful..next time I will join you all too :)
    I love doing rr's
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am from South Africa too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that!!! That is cool!! I hope to visit there one day - it's been on my list for a while.

      Delete

You comments are welcome, appreciated, and motivate me! Thank you!