Monday, December 3, 2012

A Stitchmas Wish - Blog Hop #13

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop
The prompt for this lucky number is: The holidays are right around the corner and gift exchanges are happening everywhere you look. If an amazingly magical Stitchmas Santa were to fly overhead and bring you one stitching wish, what would it be?
Now, I will readily admit that I "cheated" a little bit by reading some of the other responses to this before writing my own answer. You see, I was having trouble trying to decide what amazing item or idea I would want to ask Santa for. This dilemma is nothing new. Every time my hubby asks me what I want, he gets frustrated because of the "deer in the headlight" look that is his response.

What more can I add to my list other than what I already have in my life? I have a loving husband who has shown me unconditional love; our children who are happy and healthy; our home, etc. I know that it's rather "Peace, Love and Goodwill" type, but it's always how I feel. Christmas was not something I looked forward to most of my life. I tended to be forgotten and given small gifts usually without much thought. So, as much as I have loved this Season, I never looked for gifts. 

Time would be a great Stitchmas gift. I, too, have more stash than I will probably be able to get to in a lifetime.  I'm also afraid that almost everything I have will have to be gifts for others because there just isn't enough space in my house or wall space for all of the projects that I have and love.

A really great LNS would be awesome!! However, I've done really well for the past 20 years in mail order and the Internet has allowed me to find everything I want and need at some really great prices. So, that isn't really on the list either. I have many wish lists on various sites that my hubby keeps track of so he is never without an idea of what to give me. 
And finally, I figure it out! I would love to actually physically meet other stitchers and connect with them. It's great to see the love and support online - whether on the blogs or on social networking, but there is not a connection to these people for me. I'm not typically someone who gets a random email, no one really knows who I am or what it is that I do in my "real" life as well as my stitching. None of my other friends stitch and as much as my husband tries to understand what it is that I do, he doesn't get it.  I'm sure that there are other types of stitching I could learn, tips that someone could teach me or how cool would it be to just sit with someone else and stitch and chat?? Most of the Get-Togethers are back East, and I can't afford the travel let alone find the time. I find myself envious of those who live close enough to each other that they can actually have a little get-together and spend time together with their shared love of this hobby.

It seems to be a silly request, and I'm tempted to remove it so I don't seem as pathetic as this reads to me. However, a wish is a wish, and it's the one that I have.

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely understand how you feel. I too live somewhere where the idea of a stitching group is foreign and alien. My OH tries to understand, bless him, but as you say he just doesn't really get it. I too have no friends or family who share my hobby. There are times when I really do wish I had some stitchy people to sit and have a big mug of tea with in front of the fire and work away on our respective projects. This is a great wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wish is as legitimate as the others listed. I'd love to have some friends to stitch with. I'm so envious when I read of others who are constantly stitching with their friends. maybe Santa will grant both of our wishes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your wish isn't "pathetic" at all. I was lucky enough when I move to Michigan's UP I was in a quilt store and someone had posted a sign for a "craft group". It was quite a leap of faith but, I made the call. It was a little sketchy at first especially when my friend Arttie picked me up in a really beat up Impala but, we have been friends ever since. The group has evolved some but we have been together for 13 years, Patti and Anne joined a year or two after. I don't know if you have a LNS but, churches and libraries can be a great source. Our library has a knitting group so maybe you could approach them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is the most wonderful post. And a great WISH for sure. This has moved me in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also like to meet other stitchers, there are groups for knitting near where I live but I'm really a beginner when it comes to knitting although it would be nice to learn with other people, I'm a shy and sometimes an anxious person. There aren't any groups for cross stitch though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are ever in the Atlanta area, I have the greatest group of stitchers for you to meet! Nice post.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a fabulous post, Kasey, and one that I am in total agreement with, as I too have no close stitchy gal pals :)
    That's one of the reasons that many of us blog.
    I love your blog and think that your wish is wonderful!
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great wish. I have often thought about attending a stitching retreat, but I can never seem to find one in my area or one that's affordable.

    I also dream about opening my own LNS. Now that's a job. Doing something you love and being able to stitch while you're working.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it'd be nice to have stitchers in the area too! Or perhaps they are and are hiding and wanting the same thing. Or are shy and/or anxious (like me) to be around others! Crafty people in general would be nice, haha. Such a lovely wish!

    ReplyDelete

You comments are welcome, appreciated, and motivate me! Thank you!