Sunday, May 27, 2012

Backstitching

I am always amazed at how well a piece turns out once I start the backstitching and detail work.  I usually leave it for very last, but the Flip-Flops themselves are done, so I wanted to get them detailed before working on the "Welcome."  What a difference!


The beach looks more real now, but the difference in the one flip-flop really stands out.
 I took a close-up photograph of the two yellow flip-flops, and it looks like the left one is out of focus rather than just "not detailed."  I love this!!
I will spend tomorrow with my family and our friends, so I probably won't get all of the backstitching done, but I can feel the end of this one getting really close.  I can't wait to see it all together!

1 comment:

  1. The backstitching makes such a difference. The one flip flop looks so real you would like to try it on your feet:-) have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

You comments are welcome, appreciated, and motivate me! Thank you!