Friday, July 13, 2012

She Has Wings!

Well, Jordan now has her wings.  It took me a while to understand how to attach the Mill Hill Crystals, but once I understood, everything went well.  I wanted to make sure that the crystals were in place before outlining the wings. 


I was very apprehensive about using Kreinik having read some horror stories on various stitching groups and blogs, but the one thing that I had heard over and over again was to use a thread conditioner with Kreinik to make it more pliable.  After attempting to thread the needle, I was very glad that I had purchased some Thread Heaven.


Once I had applied the Thread Heaven, the Kreinik was far easier to manipulate and wasn't tearing across my floss.  Whew! Thank goodness.  I had received some comments on my previous post which gave suggestions, and I'm happy I used them.



So, Jordan has wings now.  My daughter Jordan is very excited to see her Fairy coming to life!  


Now, it's on to the beading!! I will have to limit myself to beading during the daylight hours in order to utilize the YLI Invisibly Thread.  I cannot stand the eye strain from using it, but there is no way I want to drag colored threads across the back of the fabric to put the beads where they are called for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You comments are welcome, appreciated, and motivate me! Thank you!