Friday, June 1, 2012

Blog Hop - Planning

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop


This Blog Hop prompt is: Do you set stitching goals for yourself and how do you plan them out? (Weekly, monthly, annually?) What are your current stitching goals (if you don’t mind sharing)? In addition to setting goals for yourself, do you have a special reward that you reserve for when you reach a stitching goal?


I am a planner by nature. My entire life is organized into various compartments, calendars, organizers, etc. My crafting room is organized, and I can typically find everything I need or want at any given time.  When it comes to stitching - I am the same way.  I determine which project I would like to work on next, kit it up, and then start.  


Now, once I start a project, I try to keep in mind how long it should take me.  However, I work a full-time job, have a husband who shares some other interests with me (traveling, shooting, etc.), 3 girls that live at home, 3 step-sons whose lives are currently combusting, and friends.  This means that there are many times that life just gets in the way of my ability to stitch.  I will "plan" to stitch each day if possible, but I allow myself the ability to be too tired or busy.  So long as I can get to my project each week, I am usually happy.


Currently, I am over half-way done with my current project: The Flip-Flop Welcome. My current plans are to spend this afternoon stitching until my children return home on their last day of school, and then listen to them regale me with their final tales of these grades.  I then hope to spend some time over the weekend stitching - but it's usually after the girls have gone to bed.


The reward to myself is seeing a job well done.  I enjoy giving the gift or framing my piece to keep, and then I look forward to choosing and kitting up the next project.  Kitting a project is always a great time for me, and it seems to be its own reward to me for finishing the previous project.


Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. I am not the least bit organized except for my stitching.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitting up a new start is definitely a reward in itself! You sound like a very busy woman. It's a wonder you get to stitch at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the kitting up almost as much as the stitching itself :)

    ReplyDelete

You comments are welcome, appreciated, and motivate me! Thank you!